12 Historic Bars Every Book Nerd Needs To Visit by ariannarebolini (BuzzFeed writer)
Click the link to read the full story about each place.
1. The Eagle and Child (Oxford, England).
Notable Patrons: J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis
Photograph by Irene Tong.
2. Vesuvio Cafe (San Francisco, US).
Notable Patrons: Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, Neal Cassady.
Photograph by Nicholas Kaeser.
3. White Horse Tavern (New York City, US).
Notable Patrons: Dylan Thomas, James Baldwin, Anais Nin, Norman Mailer.
Photograph by Katie Killary.
4. El Floridita (Havana, Cuba).
Notable Patron: Ernest Hemingway.
Photograph by Amy Goodman.
5. Cervecería Alemana (Madrid, Spain).
Notable Patron: Ernest Hemingway (you can’t be surprised by this, right?).
Photograph by Juan Antonio Flores Segal.
6. Carousel Bar at Hotel Monteleone (New Orleans, US).
Notable Patrons: Tennessee Williams, William Faulkner, Ernest Hemingway, Eudora Welty, Truman Capote.
Photograph by WeeklyDig.
7. Kennedy’s (Dublin, Ireland).
Notable Patrons: Samuel Beckett, James Joyce, Oscar Wilde.
8. Old Town Bar (New York City, US).
Notable Patrons: Frank McCourt, Seamus Heaney, Nick Hornby, Billy Collins, Pete Hamill.
Photograph by Joseph A.
9. Les Deux Magots (Paris, France).
Notable Patrons: Simone de Beauvoir, Jean-Paul Sartre, Albert Camus, Ernest Hemingway.
Photograph by Robyn Lee.
10. Red Key Tavern (Indianapolis, US).
Notable Patron: Kurt Vonnegut.
Photograph by Clark Maxwell.
11. Antico Caffe Greco (Rome, Italy).
Notable Patrons: John Keats, Charles Dickens, Henrik Ibsen, Hans Christian Andersen, Mary Shelley, Lord Byron, Maria Zambrano.
Photograph by Richard.
12. La Rotonde (Paris, France).
Notable Patrons: Gertrude Stein, T.S. Eliot, F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Photograph by David Harmantas.
Remember to click to read the history about each place.
Also: you can now follow BuzzFeed Books on Tumblr.